1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Seller Payout Issues

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by intelligentinstruction, Nov 1, 2019.

1. intelligentinstruction

intelligentinstruction New commenter

I'm curious if any other authors are not receiving their payouts when requested. I'm a fairly small-time seller located in the US, and put in for my first-ever withdrawal on September 7th. It took over a month for the TES customer service reps to tell me they needed a special code to process my transfer, which I promptly provided (on October 9th). Now it's November 1st and I STILL have not received my money. I've continued to email the customer support team, and they continue to tell me they're waiting on the finance team, but I'm highly irritated that it's taking me this much time and effort to get the money that I'm owed.

At this point, if resolution is not reached soon, I'll be sure to tell fellow teacher-authors that it is NOT worth it to sell items on TES :\

dance4sue and ilaxippatel like this.
  2. ResourcingTime

ResourcingTime New commenter

Yes - and there is another thread about this on here somewhere! I waited about 7 weeks after a request to receive a payout. Still waiting for another withdrawal I made from 5 weeks ago. Made another last week - maybe I should hope to receive that by January. I've sent a few emails and receive the same response every time - so sorry, will pass your message onto finance team. I'm about ready to close my store. I stopped uploading resources a while ago so not a big seller on here but am now very glad I stopped uploading! Like you - very frustrated and irritated.

dance4sue likes this.
  3. ResourcingTime

Actually there seems to be quite a few threads on sellers not receiving their payout! Including one where TES commented from a thread in March that they are aware of payment issues and are working to improve the system. This reeks of incompetence and I am very fed up that we continue to get brushed off.

dance4sue likes this.
  4. a51_ufo

a51_ufo New commenter

After reading the threads on here thought I'd request my first payout. I was leaving it build up for Christmas but after hearing people waiting for weeks thought I'd do it now. Well, can't get past the request screen. I get the error message:

"You must provide bank account information in order to withdraw!"

Even though details entered and saved.

dance4sue likes this.
  5. intelligentinstruction

Two full months after my withdrawal request, my deposit now shows up as "pending" in my bank account. I sincerely hope TES gets their payment system in order for the sake of teacher-authors.

dance4sue and a51_ufo like this.
  6. intelligentinstruction

This happened to me the first several times I tried to request payment. I switched my browser to Safari (had been originally using Chrome) and it worked.

dance4sue and a51_ufo like this.
  7. a51_ufo

a51_ufo New commenter

Thanks, just tried again this morning and it worked. Just a waiting game for the payment now.

8. TES_Rosaline

TES_Rosaline Administrator Staff Member

Hello,

If anyone is still waiting for a payout, please can you send your details to authors@tes.com. Thank you.

a51_ufo likes this.
  9. ResourcingTime

An email has been sent to this email address several times and the response is always the same - "Have passed your information onto the finance team and we are waiting for a response from them."
    When will TES be overhauling their payment system - historical threads indicate this has been a long, ongoing issue?

10. myersale

myersale New commenter

I sent an email to TES on 10/12/2019 about payment issues, but have yet to receive a reply....

11. MissEHoney

MissEHoney New commenter

Try phoning and asking to speak to the accounts department?

12. ilaxippatel

ilaxippatel New commenter

Yes absolutely correct....I have requested my payment and it hass been more than 20 days that still I have not received the payment from TES...It feels so worst and disgusting to sell on TES....
    I don't that how the management of TES is managing the things??

13. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

Please contact our Customer Service department at authors@tes.com to let them know about your delayed payment so that we can resolve this issue for you.

14. myersale

myersale New commenter

I too have been waiting for my last payout for over two weeks now... Every single payout in the last year has taken more than two weeks to be paid out. Is this the kind of slow payout that we TES sellers have to expect from now on? On which parallel universe is this acceptable?

dance4sue likes this.
  15. dance4sue

dance4sue New commenter

I am so happy to see this thread. I have been waiting for payment for 2 months. They send it somewhere and there's no record of where it goes. I update my information, went to Paypal as the bank thing wasn't working, and still nothing. Same response. "Your concerns have been sent to finance". But there's no way to get records on the author site of where and when it was requested or where it went. I am also on *** and it's so much easier to get payouts. I'm small time with TES but it's still money. There's no way to reach out either as there's no address for TES. Very frustrating

16. ThingsYouWillLearn

ThingsYouWillLearn New commenter

I am also missing payouts. The complete lack of transparency from TES when it payout tracking is disappointing. There failure to provide a means to communicate regarding payments is...dare I use the “F” word? Fraudulent...

17. dance4sue

dance4sue New commenter

It's very frustrating. I'm over 3 months now. Same thing: passing on to the finance department. The fact you can't track the request is terrible. And it seems they can't find where the money is. Not a way to do business

18. vcurrie19

vcurrie19 New commenter

I am also experiencing a lack of transparency as well as being pushed to the "finance" or "engineering" department. It has been almost 1 month now since I first raised an issue regarding payments made. But I am persistent...

19. ThingsYouWillLearn

ThingsYouWillLearn New commenter

Which details?

20. tesAuthorTeam

tesAuthorTeam Administrator Staff Member TES Authors' forum host

If you're having an issue with payments our customer service team will be able to process it.

In an email please let them know the details of your situation as well as your username. Please remember to send the message from the email address that your account is registered to.

For data protection reasons we cannot respond to individual account problems via communication on these forums.