1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Self marking spreadsheets

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by sdinnage, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Sounds like a great addition to an already interesting resource, let me know when it's upgraded clait ;-)

2. Would do, but I'm too busy writing iTQ books atm! I'm sure Gavcrad could do something though. I was just concerned some students would think they had used the right formula because it gave the right answer but to truly test for a correct formula you either need to allow for every possible way of arriving at it or test whether their 'formula' has any letters in it, if it doesn't it can't contain cell references (but could still be wrong if they'd used a cell reference for one cell and typed in a number for the other).
    www.allaboutitq.co

3. gavcradd

gavcradd New commenter

Good call - I doubt I could check for every single possible way of getting there (certainly not on any more complicated models) but I'm sure I could do some simple checks, like seeing if there are letters in the formula.

I'd welcome any more feedback and if people think they'd use it - if so, I'll make some more at varying levels.

4. I think they're very good and I'm definitely going to use them. I like the idea of varying levels so students can really be tested!

Excellent resource. Thanks very much