1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Self funded GTP over 2 years?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by PaulDG, Jul 5, 2011.

  1. PaulDG

    PaulDG Occasional commenter

    GTP doesn't really mean anything except as a package to attract funding (a "GTP" isn't a qualification as such, it's a means to the end of getting QTS). So while I don't know for certain, I'm not sure what you're trying to do is really practical.

    You can do PGCEs part time (with the Open University and some other providers) and you might find some of the SCITT providers might be able to do something.
  2. welshwizard

    welshwizard Established commenter Forum guide

    Depends upon the provider and the non funded places they have available. In most instances the funding from TDA is based upon the financial year so carry over across 2 years has been difficult so they may welcome an external funding source. A lot will depend upon the new allocation of GTP places for 2012 and the restrictions placed upon these. You should contact the local EBITTs in your area to establish their plans and priorities.

Share This Page