1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

self evaluation software

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by learnwell, Nov 8, 2011.

1. We are looking at various systems to help with school evaluation. I am fairly new to SMT in a new academy and my responsibility is for school evaluation. I think it depends on which aspect of school evaluation you are looking at. We looked at Blue Sky which is a web-based framework system. You basically fill in the boxes and it takes you through a process. You get out what you type in. It is mostly about performance management and CPD.
    Our starting point was the new Ofsted inspection schedule. I am approaching it as an inspection team would. It tells me that we may need to have systems for different areas. JGSearl has put some useful resources onto this web site to do with inspection preparation, including observing lessons. We have made a priority of the way that Ofsted will judge leadership. We have had advice that what SMT says about teaching will be important in what judgement they make about leadership. We have been using the 4matrix system for a few months now and it will rank every teaching group in order of residual. I would recommend looking at it as it was not expensive and it has changed our approach by making subject leaders completely responsible for teaching and attainment in their subject. It gives them all the information they need to compare their subject with other subjects and write reports that link intervention to results.

2. We used perspective but ditched it this year - it was taking so long to do the SEF that there was no time to actually make use of the lessons learned.