1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

self evaluation forms-for pupils!

Discussion in 'Behaviour' started by leola, May 24, 2011.

1. leola

leola New commenter

I'm currently doing some research on how to make pupils aware of their disruption and focus (or lack of) so am thinking of making a self assessment sheet/form they could use, maybe during/at the end of each half term.

Have any of you people got any ideas that I could include in the self assessment? I'm making it general so all of my school's departments can use it.

Also, what do you think of this idea? Has anyone tried it themselves?

Leola x

2. Tom_Bennett

Tom_Bennett Occasional commenter

I think that it could be very effective for encouraging some pupils to think about their behaviour. I think that for other students it will be quite ineffective, as a lot of poor behaviour is caused by students for purely emotional reasons; they aren't rational decisions, based on calm reflection. Most belligerence in a classroom isn't down to snap decisions that students regret later- it's because they want to act that way.
    I think there will always be a large percentage of students whose poor behaviour isn't amenable to reflection, for this reason. However, the attempt to get them to rationalise their actions might lead some to develop new attitudes to their actions, so I wish you all the best.
    http://behaviourguru.blogspot.com/