1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Self certifying and sick notes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by nearly qualified, Jun 7, 2011.

1. HI
    Been advised to stop work at 35 weeks pregnant so will be finshing on Friday. Phoned Drs today and he said I can self certify for next week and to put it in writing - I have never had to do it before - do I need to fill in the form from HMRC or just put it into a letter?
    Also, obviously after being off during week 35 it will automatically trigger my maternity leave from week 36 so do I need to get a Drs note for the remaining 4 weeks (I had originally planned to work right up to week 39) or should my HT just sort this out?
    Thanks x

2. HI
    Been advised to stop work at 35 weeks pregnant so will be finshing on Friday. Phoned Drs today and he said I can self certify for next week and to put it in writing - I have never had to do it before - do I need to fill in the form from HMRC or just put it into a letter?
    Also, obviously after being off during week 35 it will automatically trigger my maternity leave from week 36 so do I need to get a Drs note for the remaining 4 weeks (I had originally planned to work right up to week 39) or should my HT just sort this out?
    Thanks x

3. Hi - as far as I can tell you just need to make it clear in letter that the next week is self certified sickness and you intend to then begin your maternity at 36 weeks - you don't need a drs note for remaining 4 weeks because this is when your maternity starts.