1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Selecting 2 out of 3 sciences at IGCSE

Discussion in 'Science' started by Sara2, May 4, 2011.

1. The school I work at follow the Edexcel IGCSE syllabus. Currently students can either take all three separate sciences or the double award course. The school management are keen to introduce the option of students selecting 2 out of 3 sciences instead of the double award course (or students can take all 3).
    Does anyone work at a school where they offer this option? What are the numbers per science subject like?
    Any information will be greatly appreciated!

2. The school I work at follow the Edexcel IGCSE syllabus. Currently students can either take all three separate sciences or the double award course. The school management are keen to introduce the option of students selecting 2 out of 3 sciences instead of the double award course (or students can take all 3).
    Does anyone work at a school where they offer this option? What are the numbers per science subject like?
    Any information will be greatly appreciated!

3. ScienceGuy

ScienceGuy Occasional commenter

This would not be possible at a maintained school as it would not meet the requirements of the programme of study i.e. It is not 'balanced' science.

4. gregodowd

gregodowd New commenter

I disagree - more of our pupils opt for A level Physics and Chemistry than Biology.

5. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Unless you ae anindependent school this is not a viable option. As was said earlier 2 sineces is not balanced.