1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEF Maths

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by likeglue2, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Have you not been a basic structure by your school? A good starting point is to brainstorm with the rest of your department about weaknesses/strengths in the department, where you want to go, etc.

2. I found the grid. Now, under what headings can I analyse student progress for KS 3,4 and 5?

3. Maths_Mike

Maths_Mike New commenter

The results (unsuprisingly) go in section 3 - How well do learners achieve?
    re wanting to see someones else's its called a self evaluation for a reason! So i suggest you ask your line manager if you require further support.

4. maths126

maths126 New commenter

PM me with your email address and I can send you a pdf copy of mine.
    I appreciate that sometimes it helps simply to see where you are going, so have no problems about sharing mine.
    I have disabled Copy and Print, however, so in keeping with Maths_Mike's advice I strongly encourage you to create your own rather than just paste in edited highlights of this one!

5. I appreciate that it helps to have seen one to know where to start.

Why isn't there a HOD Maths qualification? A day where someone explains how to fill in a SEF, look at Raiseonline, value added, etc. I appreciate that it would need updating every so often, but plenty of other professionals have to update their practice and attend training sessions

6. Any chance you could send me a copy, too?

7. lancsHOD

lancsHOD New commenter

In our school we have been told to use the new Ofsted headings;
    Achievement of pupils
    Behaviour and safety
    Quality of Teaching
    Quality of Leadership and Management.
    We've been asked to concentrate of the quality of teaching section this term, we've been given judgement criteria and a possible format we may use.
    I think it reasonable to expect some guidance on this from your line manager. If that's not helpful then talk to other HODs and see if you can come up with something/ share ideas.

8. Andrew Jeffrey

Andrew Jeffrey New commenter

Hi Bodster25 - I'm honestly not trying to be unhelpful, but wanted to point out that if you look at posting dates, Maths126 posted this kind offer just over 3 years ago so may not be reading this now (especially as he has now left maths teaching to become a minister). We are the poorer for his absence, as anyone who has been on TES for a while will, I suspect, readily acknowledge.
    (And now, just to prove me wrong, he will pop back up by magic and send you the pdf!)

*should have stayed below parapet today*