1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Sef format- what are you using?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by busybee27, Jan 26, 2012.

1. We use an online system. Perspective by Angel Solutions - really encourages scrutiny & analysis of your info & data.

2. NfER just started recommending one which only costs £99

3. Im surprised that its being recommended by NfER, I would expect them to appreciate the importance of a school writing personalised evaluations that explain how the school knows itself and its priorities rather than just using a prescriptive process of ticking a box and your "self-evaluation" being generated for you.
    Th process of self-evaluation is very important and should not be automated based on a simple a judgement of 1-4.

4. We're using the framework criteria in a simple way with statements and evidence for each judgement we think fits our school. Even added a few photos and colourful graphs- so dry to read otherwise! Have a target of 15 pages max.

5. <font size="2">Transilvanian, I read your posts on a regular basis and respect that you are well informed in your role and a capable leader but I have to disagree with your statement about your process for self evaluation.
    Self-Evaluation needs to be based on the applied knowledge of the school and irrespective of making it colourful with photos and graphs, one needs to contextualise that data which can only be done through writing ones own words.
    Ticking boxes to generate your self evaluation offers little or no insight towards the schools performance data which can so easily be misinterpreted.</font>

6. Don't pay for one whatever you do. I'll post a SEF template on the resources area later this week.