1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEF childminder

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by PINKY23, Feb 19, 2012.

1. I am a childminder and have to fill in a SEF for my inspection, does anyone know if section 4 (e) if i have filled this in right, Behaviour policy in place and the parents and children are aware, the child as a choice of fruit for there snacks, children learn to share toy's and treat others with respect. but someone said to add how do you let children make choices and books with positive role models, but not sure on this. If someone could help please
    Thanx

2. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Lead commenter

I shouldn't worry. Ofsted is not staffed with the brains of the country, you know. I filled mine in totally tongue in cheek which the inspector didn't pick up on at all. The whole form is so absurdly repetitive and over-long that I had lost the will to live by the end and just wrote a load of silly things, mostly pointing out what a badly designed form it was. She thought I'd spent a lot of time on it and was quite imrpessed. The form is a waste of time so don't give it any more than you need to to physically put something in the boxes. If the inspector can read, which is debatable, they'll probably not understand what you've written anyway, but they'll pretend they have. I had also filled it in as a total joke and thought maybe that was a bit much so i altered it the day before my inspection and she didn't think that that was at all odd! If it doesn't ask the question on her computer then she won't think of it for herself.