1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Seen job I would love but no person spec or application form!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by VelvetChalk, Mar 8, 2016.

1. VelvetChalk

VelvetChalk New commenter

Hi

After 4 years at my current school I have been job hunting, just seen a job for a Primary school I supplied at and loved.

Theres nothing to download though and as I am a bit rusty at this application lark so I was thinking of grabbing a general LA application form and selling myself like crazy on it.

Also Do I sell myself in the 'large box' on the application form or do I do a long selling myself cover letter or short cover letter?

Thanks!

( I did search the forums but found conflicting advice so just thought I would check :))

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Have you found the applications advice? tag me @TheoGriff to be shown where if not.

I'd ring and check with the school secretary before doing that. Ask which application form is appropriate - the school may have moved to Academyship and not use LA stuff any more.

E.S. in the box, plus a letter of application no more than 2 sides. Base the E.S. on the Teacher's Standards.

Best wishes