1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

seemis

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by teachingforages, May 12, 2012.

1. is it fit for service? I find it so frustrating to use.

2. is it fit for service? I find it so frustrating to use.

3. Yeah, I think it's fine. What's up with it?

4. It's down, yet again, for maintenance.
    I have never known a system that has required so many essential updates and maintenance patches as SEEMIS - which would lead me to believe that it was a pile of kak in the first place.

5. misterroy

misterroy New commenter

try using e1 if you think seemis is bad

6. coaltown1

coaltown1 New commenter

[​IMG]

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Indeed.

8. Yeah, but it's Saturday and they did tell us it was going to be down.

9. The new improved Seemis is even clunkier than the old. It's right up there with Glow for user-unfriendliness. Who designs this ****? And why have they never heard of right-clicks?

10. inthered

inthered Occasional commenter

Our first year reports had to be put off for a week... Then another few days... Then again... Because the thing kept crashing. For over a week you had to log in anew every period. It's maddening, and it keeps happening.

11. GuessWho

GuessWho Occasional commenter

Work in NLC and Seemis is useless.
    As described above it currently crashes on a hourly (well minutley - if that's a word!) basis.
    With so much stuff to be done via Click and Go it is scandal that authorities persist with this system.
    The system is, dare I use the hated phrase, not fit for purpose.

12. Ours crashes maybe once a term. If the computer has gone to sleep you do have to log in again but on a system with so much confidential I formation I don't have a problem with that. Our seemis reports are much quicker than the versions we did before.

13. Seemis, Glow, Pecos, NAR... it's not the brave new world we were promised. I used to use FilemakerPro for my own records, which was also pretty rubbish, but at least you could enter your own fields, select different groups, conduct analysis etc. However, the Council ditched it, ostensibly on the grounds of cost, but actually because it was fairly useful. Can't have teachers using something useful, can we? I need to know so many passwords that I've put them all in a Word document...which is not password protected. Ironically, the ClarisWorks database which we had on the old Macs was even then better than what we have now.