1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Seem to have lost all sense of anything!!

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by tladams, Jun 20, 2011.

1. I been doing quite well recently, no big issues, felt quite content. But over the last week I seem to have lost that. Several little things have happened but rather than feeling **** and sad etc, I haven't really felt anything. I think I feel indifferent. I guess that's the word!!

Discovered that the rubbish ex who moved on very quickly, had in fact moved on to someone else before moving on from me. I'm not bothered by the other woman, I don't want him, but the fact that yet another bloke has treated me poorly.
    Then there's Father's Day. I don't know my real dad and my step dad, shall we say, is an awful awful man.
    Then last weekend we had a yr10 lad die suddenly.

It's all seems really trivial but rather than feeling **** and sad and wanting to cry, all I've done is sleep and sleep. I don't really know what's going on and certainly can't work out how I feel!!
    I have decided that I need some sort of change and am going to have my hair cut short. I think...

2. I been doing quite well recently, no big issues, felt quite content. But over the last week I seem to have lost that. Several little things have happened but rather than feeling **** and sad etc, I haven't really felt anything. I think I feel indifferent. I guess that's the word!!

Discovered that the rubbish ex who moved on very quickly, had in fact moved on to someone else before moving on from me. I'm not bothered by the other woman, I don't want him, but the fact that yet another bloke has treated me poorly.
    Then there's Father's Day. I don't know my real dad and my step dad, shall we say, is an awful awful man.
    Then last weekend we had a yr10 lad die suddenly.

It's all seems really trivial but rather than feeling **** and sad and wanting to cry, all I've done is sleep and sleep. I don't really know what's going on and certainly can't work out how I feel!!
    I have decided that I need some sort of change and am going to have my hair cut short. I think...

3. PlymouthMaid

PlymouthMaid Occasional commenter

That all sounds rather depressing but these things do tend to come in clumps. It doesn't sound as though you could have influenced any of those events yourself.The wheel of life will move around for you soon and brighter times will come. In the meantime a new hairdo can work wonders on the mood. Hope it cheers you up x

4. One at a time you can deal with things and not be overwhelmed by them but when it all arrives at once there's no time to recoup your strength and move on before the next pile of ***** comes flying at you.
    I think it's natural and to be expected that you feel emotionally wrung-out. There's nothing you can do about any of this stuff except lick your wounds and be kind to yourself until you feel a bit better.
    I hope you like your new hairstyle!

5. Hairdo set for Friday :)

Had counselling last night, seems to have helped. Just good to hear someone else say 'I'm not surprised you feel exhausted'!! Am teaching all day today, but what with revision for mock exams, booked computer rooms and library visits it should be a chilled out day. Am definitely leaving on time today and not doing any work tonight. Determined!!!

6. jonowen

jonowen Occasional commenter

Hi, glad you sound a bit better and hope your day is as you want it.
    I was going to post on here as I feel like I'm on my knees right now, then I remembered Lily's advice from a while back - when we get older we cannot continue with the same pace and amount of work. 5 years ago we decided that when our last son was in full-time work I would cut back to part-time teaching - that's not happened, so now I'm looking at when I'm 55 being my next bench-mark. Life is so fast that I really don't know what I want to make me feel better. We (MrJ+me) are having a 5 day walking holiday in July and right now I'm dreading it. We've walked loads before and I have this feeling of deep fear, but of what I don't know.
    me too,as I took the thinning scissors to it myself and it's awful. I also spent a fortune getting it coloured 3 weeks ago and it's horrible. I'm hiding in my classroom today as we have a trip happening and I'm not involved, looking forward to watching the tennis when we get home tonight (and then to bed, where I feel safest)
    [​IMG]

7. I don't consider myself to have much to complain about in the mental health department (at the moment) but I have noticed in myself an increasing desire to curtail quite a lot of activities I once rather enjoyed. I was away last weekend and although I enjoyed the function, I was the first to leave, not because I was tired or drunk or bored, but because I'd simply had my fill and was looking forward to going back to my quiet room and reading for a couple of hours.
    I've got a very low-key weekend away with my husband coming up and I'm really looking forward to it because I won't have to do a damn thing I don't feel like, or make any huge effort, unlike the trip we've planned with some friends to the continent in a month which I am regarding with the same level of anticipated effort and strain as a house move or knee replacement.
    I think I might be suffering from Advanced Old.

8. I don't know whether it's oldness Lily. Lots of us in my school feel like that right now. The kids have gone loopy (lord knows why - the moon??) and we're all incredibly exhausted. I don't remember feeling this de-motivated this time last year.

On the up side, today is pay day. So take away for me tonight I think! And the sun is still out so I've got sandals on today :)

9. Only four weeks to go!!!!!