1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Seeking guidance

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by espinosa91, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Hi,

I'm currently ending my contract this year, and recently signed-up for another school this coming school year? I wanted to ask if it's proper to contact the current drama teacher (the one I'm replacing) for details of the next year's school calendar. I just want to prepare my lessons and plan ahead before I come in to the new school.

Looking forward to your guidance.

Thank you.

jun

2. Hi,

I'm currently ending my contract this year, and recently signed-up for another school this coming school year? I wanted to ask if it's proper to contact the current drama teacher (the one I'm replacing) for details of the next year's school calendar. I just want to prepare my lessons and plan ahead before I come in to the new school.

Looking forward to your guidance.

Thank you.

jun

3. DaisysLot

DaisysLot Senior commenter

You might be best to ask the head for a calendar for the current year, and perhaps also kas them to pass your contact details on to the leaving teacher.... You don't want them to feel 'shoved'....

4. From experience at my current school the final calendar isn't ready till the summer term so I would think you may be a little ambitious to expect anything before Easter.
    Often school calendars are on the website so that may be a quick way of getting an idea of THIS years calendar (they can often follow similar patterns)
    Good luck in your new job

5. Thank you for the advice. Appreciate it!

6. Appreciate it!