1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Seeking final PGCE placement in Music/Performing Arts for September 2011

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by Estellia, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Hello,

I'm a mature student studying with the Open University. I've just completed my first placement which I really enjoyed, however my final placement has fallen through, due to staffing changes they can't take any PGCE students next year.

I have a Masters in traditional Irish music performance from the University of Limerick, and an Mmus Merit from the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne along with four years teaching with the local music service including Wider Opportunities with whistles, recorders, singing, as well as guitar clubs, music clubs and a mixed instrumental music hub. I also teach privately.

I perform professionally as a singer and flute player, I've performed in a variety of bands including rock, world music and flamenco. I've had a residency with my traditional music duo, flute and fiddle, for the past six months. I also released an album of my own music last year, so I know a thing or two about enterprise and music technology.

I am hoping to find a school in North London for this final placement, I'm particularly interested in KS4 and Post 16 as my previous placement I did a lot of KS3.

Any suggestions or contacts welcome!

wildwishmusic@hotmail.com

2. Hello,

I'm a mature student studying with the Open University. I've just completed my first placement which I really enjoyed, however my final placement has fallen through, due to staffing changes they can't take any PGCE students next year.

I have a Masters in traditional Irish music performance from the University of Limerick, and an Mmus Merit from the University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne along with four years teaching with the local music service including Wider Opportunities with whistles, recorders, singing, as well as guitar clubs, music clubs and a mixed instrumental music hub. I also teach privately.

I perform professionally as a singer and flute player, I've performed in a variety of bands including rock, world music and flamenco. I've had a residency with my traditional music duo, flute and fiddle, for the past six months. I also released an album of my own music last year, so I know a thing or two about enterprise and music technology.

I am hoping to find a school in North London for this final placement, I'm particularly interested in KS4 and Post 16 as my previous placement I did a lot of KS3.

Any suggestions or contacts welcome!

wildwishmusic@hotmail.com