1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Seeing a reference....advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Primary' started by The Red Heron, Jan 19, 2012.

1. The Red Heron

The Red Heron New commenter

Currently on supply at the moment, asked my agency if I could see a copy of the reference my former HT had sent (just out of interest). They replied asking me for £10 and a written request under the data protection act, which seems ludicrous
    Can anyone clear this up for me?

2. The Red Heron

Currently on supply at the moment, asked my agency if I could see a copy of the reference my former HT had sent (just out of interest). They replied asking me for £10 and a written request under the data protection act, which seems ludicrous
    Can anyone clear this up for me?

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

4. The Red Heron

Well, supply agencies are officially a bunch of thieving conning bas.tards it would seem. Ten pounds to see my own reference, in short, to click the 'send' tab on a computer to cover their 'admin' costs-bull.sh.it
    Also not subject to the freedom of information act-dodgy
    Also, needing to seek the permission of the person who wrote it, so if vindictive HT who has a vendetta against teacher x has lied through their teeth then nobody will ever find out.
    Too much power in the hands of Hts, who mostly are power hungry, control freaks who live in lala land

5. bonnie1

bonnie1 Senior commenter

It wasn't always like this.

6. The Red Heron

I just couldnt disagree more with the ideas that a HT with a grudge can write whatever they like and then an agency or an employer has to simper up to them asking of they can see it. No wonder HTs think their Gods when the system is so favourable and weighted towards them.
    And dont get me started on the fact that these vindictive fraudalent power mad freaks can now sack a teacher they dont like in a term....

7. bonnie1

bonnie1 Senior commenter

I agree with you. have you had a bad week?

8. The Red Heron

Ha, no not really...supplying all week so very nice and refreshing-just dont like injustice and will always come down on the teachers side v the bean counters who sit on their *** all day reading the latest theory on what hoops teachers should jump through these days