1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

See here for new GCSE Buddhism resources...

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by godwin86, Nov 2, 2016.

1. godwin86

godwin86 New commenter

https://www.tes.com/teaching-resour...esson-plans-worksheets-presentations-11410236

I just finished creating this bundle of 20 high quality lessons about Buddhism for GCSE classes.

I was motivated to create the resource as I felt a lot of teachers wanted to teach Buddhism but there hasn't been much offered to facilitate that choice: where plenty of resources already exist to teach Christianity at GCSE level, there wasn't much about Buddhism.
    _______

This course has been made specifically for the new OCR B Religious Studies specification (2016 onwards).

It has been designed around the OCR B specification, consequently it is also fully sufficient to teach the AQA specification (and will be useful to teachers teaching on Edexcel, which is slightly different to OCR B/AQA in terms of course contents)

It covers all necessary material for the 'Beliefs, Teachings & Practices' section (Section A) of the course in relation to BUDDHISM.

It is the product of many weeks work: I have aimed to make these resources such that every lesson would receive a good or outstanding rating if inspected.

All lesson downloads include:
    -A detailed lesson plan: explaining objectives, differentiation, cross-curricular aims, AfL tasks, and an activity timeline.
    -A presentation file designed to the highest professional standard.
    -Integrated and varied AfL
    -A suggested homework task

The course features 15 worksheets, a 'Buddhist board-game' template, various 'knowledge hunt' activities and also features an IT Suite Lesson. It is designed to be a complete course for the first year of GCSE Religious Studies teaching.

Downloading this bundle will certainly save you many many hours of preparation time: as a practising Buddhist I hope it will allow Religious Studies Teachers to teach the Buddhist component of their chosen GCSE specification.