1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Security lapse

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Skillsheets, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Skillsheets

Skillsheets Occasional commenter

Three times now I have found myself having someone else's resources listed as my own. I can see all their sales figures. The error disappears once I click on My Resources. Has anyone else seen this happen ?

2. iGCSE101

iGCSE101 New commenter

Yes - same here

3. languageisheartosay

languageisheartosay Occasional commenter

Could you withdraw their money???!

4. Skillsheets

Skillsheets Occasional commenter

I hope not ! I was able to see all their sales figures before it switched back to my account. I think it has been different accounts that I have been shown. With it having happened three times now it is a bit concerning.

5. PollyPuddleduck

PollyPuddleduck New commenter

Has happened to a few of us now!

6. dmorgantini

dmorgantini Guest

Hi,

Thanks for the report and my apologies for not seeing this earlier. We are looking into the root cause of this but you can rest assured that your account security is not compromised. The issue revolves around some sort of cacheing of the page, such that you, unfortunately, see somebody else's resources but are not actually able to act on them in anyway. And vice-versa of course. We are trying to look into potential causes and it would be immensely helpful if, when this happens to you, you can tell me (via conversation) what browser you were using, if you had additional TES tabs open and if you are using a shared computer when it happens.

Thanks,

David Morgantini
    Senior Engineer, TES

7. missgeo

missgeo New commenter

This has just happened to me on a private computer in Edge.

8. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

Happened to me for the first time today too - not good.

9. CurriculumForAutism

CurriculumForAutism Occasional commenter

I've just read this- so they've known since February!

Skillsheets likes this.