1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secret Santa

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by dozymare1957, Nov 30, 2012.

1. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

If anyone wants to be a Secret Santa, please PM me. I will collate all names and then allocate someone for you to find a gift for randomly to each of you. There is no limit to the price. You may be as generous and extravagant as you like.
    Each secret santa will post their present to the recipient on Christmas Eve - time to be confirmed later.
    I will need names by 20th December to ensure that everyone has time to buy an appropriate present.

2. Good idea Dozy!
    I will give it a go

3. sparklepig2002

sparklepig2002 Star commenter

4. I would... but I don't expect anybody to want to post something to Australia.....*sob*

5. dozymare1957

Annie - remember I said be as extravagent as possible. We will be posting our presents here! LOL You will definitely get something outrageous!

6. Cool! Count me in then! But can I get my person soon so that I can post it in plenty of time! [​IMG] Oh... if it's Secret Santa.. won't the Aussie postage stamps be a bit of a giveaway?

7. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Count me in! We do one at school so I'm an expert - at buying completely the wrong thing!

8. dozymare1957

You do all realise that this is a virtual secret Santa, don't you?

9. Ha ha - you will be driving all over the country ( or world ) delivering presents Dozy!

10. dozymare1957

The idea was that you PM to let me know that you want to participate.
    I will PM back with the name of the person you are to buy the gift for.
    You will post the picture with a greeting for the recipient.

11. Ha ha - I ahd realised it was virtual Dozy but I think some are expecting a parcel

12. dozymare1957

Yes, I was surprised when Annie said she felt left out!
    How sad that strictly didn't raise more interest!

13. gargs

gargs Star commenter

Should we all create 'socks' so that our identities aren't given away by our user names?

14. dozymare1957

Good idea. How do you do that?

15. Nope! I thought it was real! I would have been quite happy to post a little boomerang from Oz!

16. dozymare1957

Haha Annie you're catching my doziness

17. Lol! Nope! I think I've had my own for years! [​IMG]

18. oggiehurler

oggiehurler New commenter

I'm in...

19. oggiehurler

oggiehurler New commenter

Oh I am so thick...virtual secret santa....sorrry...derrr...............

20. dozymare1957

You PM me so that nobody knows who is involved - it's a secret! Also so that I can keep track of it without having to trawl through all the posts
    Yes, you will get their real name in a PM from me - I don't need to know your sock name - it's a secret!
    Then everyone posts (on here not via Royal Mail) a picture of their extravagent present under their sock name so the recipient has no idea who bought it for them - it's a secret.
    Yes, it is completely bonkers but then that's what we're all about, isn't it?