1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secret Santa 2013

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by dozymare1957, Oct 8, 2013.

1. dozymare1957

dozymare1957 Occasional commenter

Well, it's time to organise the secret Santa again. Hopefully it will go better than it did last year! For those not involved, we all set up new accounts especially to send our secret Santa gifts but when we tried to send them we were all moderated so nobody got anything. It was hilarious! (BTW, I've forgotten how to set up a new account so instructions would be most useful please)

So, anyone who wishes to participate needs to set up a new account now and start posting sometimes using your own account and sometimes your alter ego. Try to be subtle so that nobody can guess who is who.

PM me your interest by the end of November. I will pair people up randomly and at the beginning of December and PM you with the person that you will be buying a gift for. Trawl the Internet for pictures of extravagant presents. Remember, this is a virtual secret Santa, not a real one! On Christmas Eve at a pre-arranged time, we will all post our pictures saying who they are for.

2. snowflakesfalling

snowflakesfalling Occasional commenter

I'm in. Could I suggest that people do a few posts in their new name prior to the actual day we give the presents?

3. dozymare1957

Yes, Flakey, that's the plan. Unfortunately I can't remember how to set up a new account.

I'm hoping that someone will remind me. Then we can all go on billions and post there until we are established. After that, you need to PM me so I know that you want to participate and I will send out PMs to each person telling them who they are buying for.

4. Have many signed up, Dozy?

5. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

I'll be signing up just as soon as I get my act together. [​IMG]

6. You weren't here last year were you, cutiepuce? It was memorable!

Please, no acts!

7. dozymare1957

Oh Cutiepie. Last year we all set up new accounts and kept them secret. When we posted teh presents to each other we were all moderated and the whole thing fell flat on it's face. I nearly wet myself laughing.

8. dozymare1957

I cannot say how many have signed up except that it's just one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. cuteinpuce

cuteinpuce Star commenter

Is that an essential part of the process? [​IMG]

10. dozymare1957

Wetting oneself is not compulsory but laughter is

11. egyptgirl

egyptgirl Senior commenter

Promise to sort myself out soon as well

12. dozymare1957

If you want to participate your alterego MUST post to get established. There will be lots of new members soon.

13. Sounds like great fun !

14. dozymare1957

It is indeed Blanche

15. dozymare1957

I need everyone to sign up with their real TES names not their socks otherwise it will be the socks who get the Christmas presents. To the person who PMd me as a sock you are going to need to let me know who you really are. Sorry

16. Please may I join in?

17. dozymare1957

Of course Hermione. Welcome to Secret Santa

18. And a fine Oirish hallo to all you lovely wee girlies!

Dozymare, 'tis a fine figure of a horse you are to be sure!

Well, Oi just wanted to let all you sweet darlings know that we have all been working very hard over with the big, fat red-suited fellow. And 'tis happy that Oi am to be telling youse that some o' youse have already got yer names on the 'good' list. You have and all!

There are some foine gifts waiting for youse if you keep up the good behaviour!

Could someone be telling a happy wee elf if the voluptuous darling of a Matron is still doing her rounds? It's happy memories of bed-baths I have to be sure!

19. Who are you? GET IN THAT BED!

20. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I'll have a go at this!

I was in last year - I haven't laughed so much in ages!

I'll try and make it 'official' with a pm to you Dozy - if TES will let me!

Do we have to tell you our 'socks' too/(we didn't last year)

I'm very grateful that the Socks don't get to join in really....I don't know which would be more frightening...a gift from the cod-irish elf....or one from the fearsome matron!....although I spotted a 'sprout-based- username - another sock perhaps?....I DO like sprouts...............