1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secret Member of the SLT

Discussion in 'Senior Leadership Team' started by robroy44, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Through the gossip train that is the staff room, there have been rumours for over a year that a HOD who goes to SLT meetings has been promoted to the leadership team and his second has been made HOD. It now appears to be true although no official announcement has been made. I am a governor and some staff feel aggrieved that this has happened

Firstly - is this acceptable practice, and if it isn't, as a governor do I....

1) Do nothing as it has nothing to do with me.
    2) Go to the union rep
    3) Speak to the chair of governors

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

2. Through the gossip train that is the staff room, there have been rumours for over a year that a HOD who goes to SLT meetings has been promoted to the leadership team and his second has been made HOD. It now appears to be true although no official announcement has been made. I am a governor and some staff feel aggrieved that this has happened

Firstly - is this acceptable practice, and if it isn't, as a governor do I....

1) Do nothing as it has nothing to do with me.
    2) Go to the union rep
    3) Speak to the chair of governors

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

3. Middlemarch

Middlemarch Star commenter

Go and ask the head first, surely?

4. Could have happened but would be exceptionally bad practice. How can he lead people who don't know he's leading them? My guess is they are biding their time and waiting for a good moment to tell everyone but something has slipped out before they it around to it. Still seems particularly poor and secretive.