1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary to FE - is it possible without retraining?

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by hayleyb83, Feb 25, 2012.

1. hayleyb83

hayleyb83 New commenter

Hiya,

I was just wondering what I would have to do to go into FE. I have QTS in Secondary. Would I need to do a conversion course, or is this only applicable if I was moving from FE to Secondary?

Any help greatly appreciated, and if anyone has done the same, please let me know how you got on.

2. hayleyb83

hayleyb83 New commenter

Thanks Liz.

Will check out the job situation first! Got a feeling there probably won't be anything coming up at the moment anyway, but its just an option I would like to consider for next year.

Hayley

3. bigpedro

bigpedro New commenter

Unless you're currently unemployed, I can't see why you'd want to move... The pay is generally lower and the workload for any voc courses far outweighs even the most demanding GCSE / A-level stuff.
    If its a sixth form college doing A-levels then this may be fine as they'll probably use the teaching payscales but if its a college of FE offering more practical / voc based stuff it may be out of the frying pan......

4. hayleyb83

hayleyb83 New commenter

Its just another option I'm considering as currently on a temporary contract at my current school, and not fancying the idea of retraining yet again for another subject. Just trying to keep all options open really.