1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary Teacher of RE help

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by ramaduds, May 22, 2011.

1. ramaduds

ramaduds New commenter

Does anyone have any suggested lesson ideas, activities or topics for a Secondary School RE teacher who has to teach 3 lessons of RE to year 5 as part of a new initiative.
    I think they will be 'stand alone' lessons rather than a 3-lesson unit, so 3 very different lessons would be good.
    I want it to be interesting, as many of our pupils from feeder schools are really disaffected in terms of RE. I however, still want it to be useful and very much RE!

2. We do a short transition unit on Sikhism - rarely covered in our primaries. Chance for story telling with the setting up of the Khalsa, thinking about ceremonies (joining the khalsa today), rules and dress (if you are in the khalsa). You can explore their thinking skills by asking why some Sikhs join the khalsa and some don't, and how important it might be to Sikhism.

3. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Good point. It is not always possible to 'tread carefully and avoid upsetting people but if you can anticipate problems then you can avoid some potential difficulties.

4. poppy2004

poppy2004 New commenter

hmmmmm...
    thats a point....