1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide in the welcome lounge and help forum.

Secondary school Admission appeals - advice required

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by msmuse, Mar 2, 2012.

1. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

I went through a (fairly) recent secondary school admission appeal for my two children - with success. If you want to, PM me and I will discuss my experience with you.
  2. katycustard

katycustard New commenter

I went through an appeal 2 yrs ago, and even paid for a solicitor, but were unsuccessful. The panel was split and eventually the headteacher won them over, due to lack of space.
    You can't appeal against the appeal panel's decision but you can go to the ombudsman if there is a procedural apsect to appeal against. We were advised to do that by our solicitor but decided not to pursue trying to send our son somewhere where the head clearly didn't want him! (Even if it was just through lack of space).
    He's in his second year at the school he did go to, very settled and doing very well. It's not always the end of the world not to go to your first choice, although it feels like it, but I guess it's worse if you've not got your second choice either.