1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary PGCE Interview - Leicester

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by rjmerry, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I found out today that I've got an interview for the Secondary Social Science PGCE at Leicester next week (27th Jan) and I'm really nervous. I was wondering if anyone who's already been through the interview process could offer me a few tips. I would honestly be really grateful of anyone who could help whether you've been for the exact same interview or if you just have any suggestions in general. I feel like I'm going into this a bit naive and green and so anything anyone thinks would be useful would be really appreciated, from what to wear to what issues to research. I've been trawling through previous threads on here to try and pick up as much as I can but thought I'd try starting a new thread in case I've missed anything.

Thanks a lot,
    Robert

2. Hi all,

I found out today that I've got an interview for the Secondary Social Science PGCE at Leicester next week (27th Jan) and I'm really nervous. I was wondering if anyone who's already been through the interview process could offer me a few tips. I would honestly be really grateful of anyone who could help whether you've been for the exact same interview or if you just have any suggestions in general. I feel like I'm going into this a bit naive and green and so anything anyone thinks would be useful would be really appreciated, from what to wear to what issues to research. I've been trawling through previous threads on here to try and pick up as much as I can but thought I'd try starting a new thread in case I've missed anything.

Thanks a lot,
    Robert

3. Hi Robert,

How did your interview go have you heard back yet I had my interview on the 27th to Hannah I think I was in your presentation group and we got a sandwich at lunch. I haven't heard back yet. i am a bit concerned because I know the government are axing alot of the English and Arts subjects but fingers crossed.

Hannah

4. Hi Hannah.

It was ok, but mine was just for a waiting list place. I've got a letter waiting for me at my house so I've got to wait til I get back to find out how I did. How was your interview? Good luck, hope you hear soon :)