1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary PGCE Interview advice - Micropresentation

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by 2Karl, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Hi all,
    I am due to have an interview for Secondary PGCE training at the University of Warwick next week, and was rather hoping someone could give me some advice. As part of the interview I am required to give a 5 minute "micropresentation" on my chosen subject (in my case, ICT). My initial idea was to choose a topic contained within the current curriculum and give a brief introduction, as if I were presenting to pupils (current topic of choice is databases, how they power the web - facebook, twitter, XBOX Live etc. - along with an abstract visualisation of how they operate, using prepared props). Is this a good idea / bad idea? Should I try to draw back a level and present the topic as a whole? Should I try to weave in some of my "real world" experience of working in the ICT sector (Web design, computer game production)?
    I ask primarily because the documentation I received from the university was rather vague, and also becausethis really is very important to me.
    Any other tips or advice you can give relating to the interview would also be a bonus.
    Thanks in advance,
    Karl.

2. Hi all,
    I am due to have an interview for Secondary PGCE training at the University of Warwick next week, and was rather hoping someone could give me some advice. As part of the interview I am required to give a 5 minute "micropresentation" on my chosen subject (in my case, ICT). My initial idea was to choose a topic contained within the current curriculum and give a brief introduction, as if I were presenting to pupils (current topic of choice is databases, how they power the web - facebook, twitter, XBOX Live etc. - along with an abstract visualisation of how they operate, using prepared props). Is this a good idea / bad idea? Should I try to draw back a level and present the topic as a whole? Should I try to weave in some of my "real world" experience of working in the ICT sector (Web design, computer game production)?
    I ask primarily because the documentation I received from the university was rather vague, and also becausethis really is very important to me.
    Any other tips or advice you can give relating to the interview would also be a bonus.
    Thanks in advance,
    Karl.