1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary PGCE application deadline

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by CrunchyMcFlurry, Nov 29, 2011.

1. I got an email a while ago from GTTR which I thought said that the deadline if you wanted your first choice to look at your application was december 1st. But I've accidently lost the email and now I'm not sure if I read it right because I keep seeing that december 1st is the deadline for Primary applications. Can anybody clear this up for me? Does your first choice overlook you if you haven't applied by dec 1st?

2. I got an email a while ago from GTTR which I thought said that the deadline if you wanted your first choice to look at your application was december 1st. But I've accidently lost the email and now I'm not sure if I read it right because I keep seeing that december 1st is the deadline for Primary applications. Can anybody clear this up for me? Does your first choice overlook you if you haven't applied by dec 1st?

3. Are you applying for secondary or primary? The primary deadline is Dec 1st. Strictly speaking, there isn't a secondary deadline, though providers close applications as soon as they have enough candidates to fill their places, so applying early is beneficial.

4. I'm applying to secondary. But I was waiting on my work experience co-ordinator to proof my personal statement. So if it doesn't get online dead on Dec 1st because say my reference is late sending her email, my first choice provider won't overlook my application? It's Hull btw.

5. I think one of the main issues is that places get filled quickly. If you want a better chance at getting into your first choice provider then it is best to get your application in as early as possible. It also depends on whether you may need to do an SKE - knowledge enhancement course. They run from early January, but vary depending on the providers etc. Also many providers have started doing interviews so i'd advise you to chase your referee's etc and get your application in ASAP. I did mine recently and have within a week have been invited to an interview. Wish u all the Best!