1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary MFL PGCE interview - desperate for some advice

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by eparchanowicz, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. eparchanowicz

eparchanowicz New commenter

Hi,

I have an interview for Secondarly MFL PGCE next week. As part of the whole process, I need to make a 2-3 minute presentation on what makes a good secondary foreign languages lesson. And I am quite happy to talk about that.
    But I am completely stuck on this: You must use a visual aid/prop in the course of your presentation, which should be as interactive and lively as possible.
    I have absolutely no idea what to use. Every time I think I have come up with a great idea, it gets dismissed by either me or someone else, for not being very interactive.
    Does anyone have any ideas? I would really appreciate some advice!
    Thank you!

2. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Put an object in a sack. Kids have to feel it and use the vocab you have taught them to describe it so that other pupils can guess what it is.

What are your ideas? Perhaps people could give feedback on whether your dismissal of them has been too harsh.

3. eparchanowicz

eparchanowicz New commenter

Hello !
    Thank you so much for replying. Your idea sounds like something I would want to use in a lesson :) But I will be presenting to a group of adults (other interviewees) so I am not sure whether I can use it.
    My initial idea was doing a mini bingo with the audience. Each argument on what makes a good lesson would be represented as a picture and covered by a number 1-6. This would be my board. The participants would have sheets with only 3 of the pictures (everyone would have a different selection). I would ask one person to give me a number from 1-6. I would then uncover the picture under the number and introduce my argument whilst the participants cross out the picture if they have it on their sheet. Whoever gets them all first, wins. And I get to make my presentation fun. What do you think?

4. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

I thought the task they had set gave you a big hint - they want you to say that a good lesson is an interactive one and demonstrate that you can think of ways to make material interactive.

If you do the bingo (or any activity, really) be ready to answer why you chose that activity and what you think it adds to the presentation.

5. aurorasavary

aurorasavary New commenter

Hello
    I have just read your message, and i'm in the exact same position. my interview is on Wednesday!!
    How did you get on and do you have any suggestions?
    2-3 minutes if very short.
    many thanks