1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary Math Teacher nearly 2years experience. Chances in the U.A.E?

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by bilaal_mirza, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am a secondary school Mathematics teacher in an inner london comprehensive. I successfully completed my NQT year last year and now have another term under my belt. I think it is fair to say that at the end of this academic year I will have been teaching for two years. I do not have any A level teaching experience.

Can somebody tell me what are my chances of getting a similar position in the Middle East for the next school year? And if I do have a chance, how would I make this happen?

Thanks for your Time

2. moscowbore

moscowbore Occasional commenter

Hi Bilaal,
    First, dont use your real name. Create yourself another account with a weird unidentifiable name and never use this account again. Prospective employers will read about you here. You have already given information about yourself. Dont do it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------To answer your primary question. You have a good chance. The adverts are flying already. It depends on what kind of school and location. It depends on the package you are looking for. If you want absolutely any job in the middle east in any school under any circumstances then you will definitely find a job. If you are looking for a good school, with a decent package, in a specific location it may be harder to find. There are loads of schools opening in the middle east. Schools in Qatar are expanding at an enormous rate and are constantly looking for teachers.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------One word of warning . There are some terrible schools in the middle east. Look for a minimum package of 12K Riyals/Dirhams per month with accommodation , bills, medical insurance and a flight home chucked in.

3. qatarsoon that sounds like very good advice im sure the creator of the forum is grateful

So what is the most effective method of avoiding the 'terrible schools' and securing a minimum of 12k pm with all the the perks in say ....... a good Qatari school?