1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary KS3 French Language

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by fabylee7, Apr 30, 2020.

1. fabylee7

fabylee7 New commenter

Good afternoon,
    Could you please recommend me a French textbook/interactive for Year 7 and 8? I looked at Studio 1 and Dynamo 1.
    Thank you!

2. agathamorse

agathamorse Senior commenter

Allez is good. Much prefer it to Studio. It's by Oxford and has a great Kerboodle package.

install likes this.
  3. fabylee7

fabylee7 New commenter

Thank you I will check it out!

4. Jonntyboy

Jonntyboy Lead commenter

I've not taught French to any great extent for about 3 years, and haven't used Studio, though we have it and my colleagues have seemed happy with it. But I too have heard good things about Allez.
    Might be worth talking to the various publishers: they are often ready to give you a trial copy or a week or two free online as a taster, that sort of thing.

5. fabylee7

fabylee7 New commenter

Thank you. I checked « Allez » but it is from 2014. I looked at Dynamo which is 2018. I am just concerned as I would like something up to date with the French language.

6. agathamorse

agathamorse Senior commenter

Allez is excellent. It fits in line beautifully with the new GCSE specifications so is a great KS3 book.

7. fabylee7

fabylee7 New commenter

Thank you! So Allez is current? I thought it was published in 2014...

8. mbd21

mbd21 New commenter

Allez is good- not a fan of Studio the print is very small for texts making it hard for pupils... Allez seems a nice balance even if not keen on graphics

agathamorse likes this.
  9. fabylee7

fabylee7 New commenter

I am looking at Dynamo right now. Anyone using it? Thanks

10. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Text books date very quickly