1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary: Is anyone holding off application whilst getting more school experience?

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by artgeek, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Hi All! I think the title says it all. I have my application good to go but have not secured more than an afternoons school experience which I think will get me rejected. I've arranged to volunteer 2 days a week at a school but am waiting on crb checks before they will let me start. Do I wait until I can put more on my personal statemnt re my experience or just say that I have it arranged and will have more to say at interview stage. Also my subject is art and design which I know is very popular and places have been cut on some courses. Really tricky!

2. I sent my application in for secondary maths. I have no direct school experience, but I do have some tutoring experience. All the advice I have seen online is to send it in early. Can't you say you've arranged to volunteer 2 days a week on your PS.

3. Thanks yes I think I will send it off this weekend and hope for the best! All courses even secondary appear to close applications afterr xmas, ( I received a few providers email responses today saying send it now!)