1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary ICT PGCE - Help With Interview Preparation Please !!

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by kitten_27, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Hi.
    I do not think I have a problem with classroom experience but I do think that my knowledge of issues surrounding ICT in a secondary classroom leaves a bit to be desired at the moment.
    Are there current "Hot Topics" around ICT in the secondary classroom that I could research in preparation for my interview?
    I am applying now & hoping to start in Sept 2011, & maybe earlier of possible, so my interview is likely to be within the next 8 weeks I would have thought.
    Any pointers anyone could offer me would be gratefully received.
    Thanks for your time.

2. Hi.
    I do not think I have a problem with classroom experience but I do think that my knowledge of issues surrounding ICT in a secondary classroom leaves a bit to be desired at the moment.
    Are there current "Hot Topics" around ICT in the secondary classroom that I could research in preparation for my interview?
    I am applying now & hoping to start in Sept 2011, & maybe earlier of possible, so my interview is likely to be within the next 8 weeks I would have thought.
    Any pointers anyone could offer me would be gratefully received.
    Thanks for your time.

3. Hi
    I am in my NQT year now and in prep for my PGCE interview I went over the things I already knew. I didn't bother trying to cram in what I didn't know too much of. It's ok to research the hot topics, it will show that you are up to date or have a rough knowledge of what is going on in ICT. Be honest about what you know and what you don't know, because there's nothing worse than having to explain something you have no idea about! After getting a place on the PGCE my tutors (one of whom was the course director) had said that they were interested in knowing what I didn't know, so that they could help fill in the gaps in my subject pedagogy, which you complete throughout the course. They aren't looking for a well rounded candidate.My class was full of a variety of characters!
    Hope this helps, and good luck!