1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary History PGCE Interview

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by Danqaz, Feb 10, 2012.

1. I received an invitation to an interview at the University of Nottingham today for an interview on Tuesday. I'm panicking a bit because I only have two days to prepare as I work all day Saturday. I have a general idea of how the interview will go, but I have to do a 5 minute presentation and I really don't have a clue how to go about it. This is what I have been sent:

2. A presentation by you to the interviewers and other applicants present. For your presentation you must:

(i) Select a topic from the Key Stage 3 curriculum

(ii) Explain how you would teach this topic in a lesson of 1 hour?s duration

(iii) Explain what activities and resources you would include in the lesson ? you may present actual resources that you would use with a class. You will be presenting to a group so please bring 6 copies of any resources that you plan on using

(iv) Explain what knowledge and skills pupils will learn from the lesson

I've looked at the curriculum and I'm really unsure as to how specific a topic I am to pick and present. My first thought was to do something around American civil rights, as that was being taught when I observed in schools mostly, but it doesn't seem to fit in with the curriculum somehow.

I really don't have the first clue as to how to start preparing for it, so any help is greatly appreciated.