1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary Food Technology - Risk Assessments

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by slothman75, Nov 25, 2015.

1. slothman75

slothman75 New commenter

I have to write these for my department and i'm not really sure where to start and how much detail is required. Ideally im looking for a layout or how much detail i need to go into. Any advice or examples people have would be appreciated so that i can adapt it to suit the format i've been given. Thank you

2. jubilee

jubilee Star commenter

I did a Risk Assessment a few years ago to comply wit the requirements of a grant that we eventually managed to secure for a local society where I am the secretary.

They directed me to the Health and Safety Executive website where you can see examples of risk assessment forms for various industries and where there is a template form to use.

www.hse.gov.uk

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Most of the ones I've done have a column for the hazard, the risk of it happening if unchecked, the likely consequences, then a column for control factors followed by a revised risk.
    This website will probably be useful.
    http://www.hse.gov.uk/risk/casestudies/