1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Secondary English ...Literature from another culture...what authors and texts are best?

Discussion in 'English' started by katiehoughton, May 23, 2011.

1. Hi,

I am due to start Teach First in September and I am doing some prep work at the moment. I am trying to familiarise myself with some of the authors and texts in the literature from another culture from the national curriculum. I know that John Agard and Benjamin Zephaniah are popular but that's as far as my knowledge on the matter goes. I would really appreciate your suggestions of other popular texts from this category. Thank you ;o)

2. Hi,

I am due to start Teach First in September and I am doing some prep work at the moment. I am trying to familiarise myself with some of the authors and texts in the literature from another culture from the national curriculum. I know that John Agard and Benjamin Zephaniah are popular but that's as far as my knowledge on the matter goes. I would really appreciate your suggestions of other popular texts from this category. Thank you ;o)

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide