1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Second Subject to boost job offers?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Moony, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Moony

Moony Lead commenter

Why not art and drama?

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

In my area, Drama often comes under 'Creative or Performing Arts' depts and often is linked with music. But Art would also come under that same title. Look at jobs for either or even ' Creative/Performing Arts. and stress what extra subjects you could offer.

3. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

What is GTP? I'm a US teacher so am unfamiliar with many of the terms here.

4. les25paul

les25paul Star commenter

I'm a great fan of the OU and have just completed a course with them. Studying this way is hard work and its not cheap but it is a good way to add an extra subject to your teaching portfolio.
    Unlike some correspondence courses the Open University is a well respected body and its qualifications uniformly recognised.

5. Graduate Teacher Programme. It's another form of ITT (Initial teacher training) when someone works as an unqualified teacher in a school for 2 years I believe in order to gain their full teaching qualification (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're wrong!
    [​IMG]
    http://www.tda.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/teacher-training-options/gtp/about.aspx
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com