1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

second placement

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by samajne32, Jun 22, 2012.

1. I have been offered 2 different placements for my second year of a two year teaching course. I have just successfully finished my first teaching practice in a small primary school and got outstanding. For my second year I have been offered a large primary with some children with behaviour issues or a place in a special school where the children have severe and complex disabilities. I would love to have the opportunity to work in the special school but am not sure whether his will hinder me in getting a job next year. I would be grateful for any advice.

2. I have been offered 2 different placements for my second year of a two year teaching course. I have just successfully finished my first teaching practice in a small primary school and got outstanding. For my second year I have been offered a large primary with some children with behaviour issues or a place in a special school where the children have severe and complex disabilities. I would love to have the opportunity to work in the special school but am not sure whether his will hinder me in getting a job next year. I would be grateful for any advice.

3. I think it depends whether you see your career working in special schools. If you do, take it. If not, you would be far better to take the mainstream option. Competition is fierce for jobs, and you need all the RELEVANT experience you can get. It is lovely to have opportunties to see other things, but I think it many be a luxury.