1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Second interviews

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by bt0558, Mar 22, 2012.

1. How common are second interviews for overseas jobs, particularly far east?
    I am talking about being asked to do a second skype interview unexpectedly i.e. it was never discussed as part of the process.
    I appreciate that it might be a good idea for a school to have questions answered that were not answered by the first interview or that the school might have some doubts and want to make sure, but I am curious just how often second interviews are requested.
    Anyone any ideas or experience?
    Thanks

2. How common are second interviews for overseas jobs, particularly far east?
    I am talking about being asked to do a second skype interview unexpectedly i.e. it was never discussed as part of the process.
    I appreciate that it might be a good idea for a school to have questions answered that were not answered by the first interview or that the school might have some doubts and want to make sure, but I am curious just how often second interviews are requested.
    Anyone any ideas or experience?
    Thanks

3. v12

v12

I had two interviews by Skype. One with the Principal and then one with one of the Directors. It wasn't arduous in the slightest, and both were very chatty and pleasant.
    Nothing sinister - I suspect that the second was merely to clarify the level at which I should be paid - something which might have been out of the remit of the Headmaster.

Good luck though. Hope it goes well.

4. Diddysan

Diddysan New commenter

I also had two interviews for the job I just was offered, one with the head and another with a second school official.

5. I think that the better schools usually do screen for the best and from my experiences its a good sign and works both ways. It gives both parties to reflect after the first interview, prepare and plan any further questions, clarify aspects and be sure both are right for each other. Best of luck whilst I still await replies or not?