1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Second interview...

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by imanewteacher2007, Dec 10, 2015.

1. imanewteacher2007

imanewteacher2007 New commenter

so I had a Skype interview last week with the head of the lower school and was asked questions I would obviously expect. However, have now been told I'm being interviewed again via Skype with the headmaster (overall head). What am I potentially going to be asked?
    I've never had a second interview before, always just the one and either got the job or not. Am I bring asked the same questions and he's just verifying I'm the right candidate or will I be asked different questions? Just wondering what to prep...

2. pizza15

pizza15 New commenter

It is perfectly normal and standard procedure. The Head is most probably confirming what they have been told by your first interviewers. Sometimes it is about assessing if you will fit into the country, are you the type to get homesick / can you deal with cultural differences / will you need hand holding etc.

From my experience they are often more relaxed than the first as all of the "hard" work and weeding out has already been done. More than anything it is to see how you would fit into their way of running the school. Don't forget it is also up to you to make the fit. Would you work for them? What impression do you get? Will they be approachable / sympathetic if circumstances change etc?

Recruitment is a costly process and everybody needs to ensure they sing from the same hymn sheet, especially when you can't always meet people face to face and see them in action.

Smile, be enthusiastic and show an interest in the school /country. Go with the flow of conversation (even if it is a random talk about football / food / kids) and ask questions.

Good luck!

stopwatch and Kartoshka like this.
  3. imanewteacher2007

Thank you! Had it this morning and will find out in the next few days so we'll see...

4. imanewteacher2007

Thank you for all your help. Was offered the job! Merry Xmas!

5. PuRe

PuRe Occasional commenter

Congrats, for my current role, I was interview 3 times over a 3 day period - the assistant of division, the head of division & then finally the principal. This was my first time I had 3.

6. saj137

saj137 New commenter

Would you be able to clarify what was asked in the second interview? Thanks in advance.