1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Second hand teaching books

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by nandos33, Mar 22, 2012.

1. nandos33

nandos33 New commenter

Hi, just wondered if there is a web site that sells second hand teaching books? I know there's Amazon, but you have to pay postage for each individual book you buy second hand (even if from the same supplier) so I just wondered ...

2. I bought quite a few from eBay and Amazon, and I rarely pay more than £1 for each book, you can get ex-library books on amazon for a penny, even with around £2 postage it's still a great deal. Other than that maybe ask at Uni previous PGCE students?

3. nandos33

nandos33 New commenter

Thanks for this!

4. bigpig

bigpig New commenter

What books are you after? You could maybe post on here or on the NQT/Supply forums and see if anybody on here has any to sell. Try places like Oxfam too, I got an older version of a book there once.

5. Vanadesse

Vanadesse New commenter

I've got a lot of books that I'm about to put up for sale. What books are you looking for?

6. nandos33

nandos33 New commenter

Hi,
    I don't know yet, waiting for reading lists to arrive, but I will post when I do!
    Thanks x