1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Second Hand Car?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon3034, Dec 31, 2011.

1. We need to get a new car. Our 6 year old Mondeo Diesel estate is giving up the ghost. Has severe loss of power on acceleration, has been in and out of several garages for diagnostic tests and repairs, and the only suggestion left is a new turbo - which may not solve the problem. We would like to have another family estate, or large hatchback with good boot space. Any suggestions for a reasonably priced, reliable, economic model, please? Maybe asking for the moon here, but any advice welcome! Thanks.

2. v12

v12

I have just bought my first sensible car after a succession of indulging my passion for distinctive cars, and after Mrs v12 had been badgering me for many many years to 'grow up'.
    Plumped for a 318i BMW - £850 - T reg - 130,000 miles - it's fantastic and really quite easy and cheap to drive compared to:
    Two Jaguar XJS V12s, a Stag, Three MGB V8s, a Morris Minor, a TR4a, an X19 (now that <u>was </u>a mistake!),

3. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

Honda.
    Go on forever.
    Subaru, likewise, but not economical (I'm selling my estate, but only cos it's an auto and I really can't get on with it).[​IMG]

4. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

Has anyone looked at the clutch or DMF (Dual Mass Flywheel) yet?

5. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Kias are good.

6. blazer

blazer Star commenter

Agreed, we have 2

7. ...one for each foot. :&not;))

8. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

9. lurk_much

lurk_much Occasional commenter

hbf-
    did you notice I didn't suggest something also suitable for track days?
    I shall give myself a pat on the back~

10. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Is it only 6 years old or do you mean you have had it for 6 years? If the former, then it's a very young car still.
    Could be the throttle body.