1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Second choice providers

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by EmilyStar, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Hi there. I was unsuccessful in my application to my first choice choice provider and so now according to 'track' my application has been sent to my second choice which does still have vacancies. Has anyone heard anything from their second choices? If they reject me outright without interview will that be shown on 'track'? and do second choice providers have to give a response by a certain time? I feel like I'm in a perpetual state of waiting for something to happen. First it was the delay from the government with funding and places and now this. I want to get on with my life one way or another lol! Thanks for your help.

2. Hi there. I was unsuccessful in my application to my first choice choice provider and so now according to 'track' my application has been sent to my second choice which does still have vacancies. Has anyone heard anything from their second choices? If they reject me outright without interview will that be shown on 'track'? and do second choice providers have to give a response by a certain time? I feel like I'm in a perpetual state of waiting for something to happen. First it was the delay from the government with funding and places and now this. I want to get on with my life one way or another lol! Thanks for your help.

3. Hi, sorry to hear you were unsuccessful first time, I applied in Jan and my first choice became full whilst the Gttr were processing my application. My second choice still hasn't got back to me either to say no thanks or come for an interview and its been over the 28 days now! Really frustrating trying to make plans I know. Track should show whether they have said no outright or not but like you I haven't heard anything yet. There is something on the Gttr website which says that "If a training provider received your application in the period mid-October 2010 to 31 January 2011, they now have until 28 February 2011 to make a decision"and looking at the providers section it shows that a first reject by default (RDB) program will be run on the 28th and "will apply to all applicants who applied through the GTTR by 4 January 2011 for whom you have made no decision or an interview decision but no final decision and all applicants who applied from 5 January to 31 January 2011 for whom you have made no decision." I think this is in preperation for extra which starts mid march. Sorry I can't be much more help though! Alot of people seem to be contacting admissions departments about their applications and asking whats happening, I'm going to. I really want to know either way at this point so I can start planning what I'm going to do in march. Hope you hear something soon![​IMG]

4. Hello. I was rejected from my first choice after interview in November and my application was sent to my second choice straight away. I found out that I had an interview in January which I had last week and they said that I will find out in three weeks. Some people haven't heard from their first choices from November interviews yet which is crazy! Hope you hear soon.

5. Thanks for those replies. I did e-mail the Uni last night but I've had no reply today. Good luck with all your choices too!

6. How long did your first choice take to tell GTTR that you were unsuccessful? I found out on Tuesday that I was unsuccessfull, but nothing has changed on Track. I want them to hurry up and let GTTR know so that my application can be sent to my second choice asap!
    Thanks,

7. josiejosie

josiejosie New commenter

I think you may be able to speed up the process by calling GTTR and asking to withdraw from first choice and put you straight onto second?

8. I took about two weeks which I'm sure must have an impact on whether your second choice is able to offer an interview.

9. Have you heard anything from your uni yet? Mine replied and said that its still under consideration and they will hopefully let me know in a few weeks. More waiting! Although I'm clinging onto the fact that its not a definate no. Just hoping we all hear (positive/interview[​IMG]) related news soon!

10. I just found out that I have been offered a place! I only had my interview on Saturday so really wasn't expecting to find out so soon or even get it! Hopefully you will hear something soon! :0)