1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Seasons & daylight

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Vince_Ulam, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

[​IMG]

The height of Winter? Excellent. The depth of Summer? Marvellous. The muddy months in between? Meh.

marlin likes this.
  2. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

Autumn is lovely! It's my favourite season.

3. aspensquiver_2

aspensquiver_2 Senior commenter

So no Meh from me...

4. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I like Autumn itself but it does mean winter is coming which I don't like so I would have to say Spring is my favourite. Spring promises better times ahead - but it sometimes tells lies.

cissy3 likes this.
  5. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

Spring and Summer. Spring flowers and the promise of lighter evenings.

cissy3 and InkyP like this.
  6. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I like it when seasons stick to their appointed time. The temperature today here is 11 ish. WAY too warm for winter!! :( Winter should be cold and crisp, a bit of frost and some snow!

wanet likes this.
  7. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

I like spring and autumn, May is my favourite month, autumn is a little less defined than spring as to the month.

I was lamenting to Mrs. M. yesterday though, that the words mild and winter are such a disappointing combination. Winter should be cold, if it's going to be mild, it should get a move on and become spring. Short days, soggy, grey skies, 5-15C it's not what we want. We had 16.5C yesterday - in late January, that's not right.

8. coffeekid

coffeekid Star commenter

I like all the seasons. The only thing that drives me nuts is the wind. I hate strong, blustery wind, regardless of the season.

9. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

Ditto!! :confused:

coffeekid likes this.
  10. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Think how boring it would be if we had just wet seasons and dry seasons, the temperature was more or less the same every day and it got light every morning at 7 and dark every evening at 7! That's what it's like in Singapore (and lots of other places, doubtless). There would be a monotony about it.

11. Duke of York

Duke of York Star commenter

They don't take long to come around. Who would believe that Christmas Day was exactly a month ago today?

12. Lascarina

Lascarina Star commenter

Me. Calendar that is, not lunar.