1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Seasonal tidings, the year ahead, briefer and more interesting than the Queen's 3pm thingy.

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by Foneypharaoh, Dec 22, 2011.

1. 'ave a good one.
    [​IMG]

2. 'ave a good one.
    [​IMG]

3. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

4. happygreenfrog

happygreenfrog Occasional commenter

?*?°?°*?°*??*?°?°*?°?°?*?°?°*?°*?*?°?°*?°*?
    ? _??_*?°?° ♥ *?°?°*?°*?*?°?°*?°*?*?°?°*?°*?
    ?. (´• ?•)*.?* *?.*?°*?° _Π_____*?°?*?°**?°?°*?°*
    °( . • . ) ?°?°*?° .?*. /______/~?*?°?°*?°*°*? ?°*?
    (... '•' ... ) * ??????°. ??????????*?°?°*?°* ♥♥
    Merry Xmas everybody . . . and a Happy New Year!

5. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

One is sitting here in Dublin at 7.45 am with a coffee and the second Bushmills of the day. Who is this Queen person, exactly?

6. the evil tokoloshe

the evil tokoloshe New commenter

Beer, braai, pool, pressies - Merry Xmas one and all

7. moscowbore

moscowbore Occasional commenter

Here in sunny Qatar I will have legal pigs in blankets and legal streaky bacon on my turkey for the first time. I then plan to spend two days either lying down, eating or drinking. Avoid teachers at all costs :)

8. Excellently put.

9. I'd like to wish the TES team (excuse the brown-nosing) and all the overseas teaching community a dazzling [​IMG]Christmas.

Regards,

The Dazzler

10. cityfree

cityfree New commenter

Three days with the family is quite enough. Can I go back to China yet?

11. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

Have a great time wherever you are people!

I enjoy avoiding the whole thing while I'm here :) Am at least 20km from the nearest fake fir and plastic santa.

Going to see the Nutcracker Ballet with a friend at Cairo Opera House on Xmas Day :)

Now where did I put those humbugs... ;)

12. AshgarMary, mish ma'a ool sweetie! You're spending xmas day in Cairo!? Does Alpha, Metro and Carrefour sell turkeys?

God bless....

13. Just spent Christmas Day in Cairo.
    Pretty unwell so stayed inside all day (was going to go out for lunch).
    Enjoyed my instant noodles and watched a few films. Quite a peaceful and pleasant day actually.
    Hah bumhug

14. Sounds quite interesting Roberto!
    Cold and expensive here but great to see family and friends.
    Pub on the 23rd from 3:30pm 'til 2:00am was an excellent spell, with an ex-colleague of yours.
    Have taken it easy today and have a big Boxing Day tomorrow with lots of peer group thugs ready to hurt me if I don't neck the required volumes.
    I love Christmas.

15. Glad you're enjoying FP.
    Regards to you and family, have a happy Christmas - oh and to that ex-colleague whomever he/she may be.
    Goodnight.
    [​IMG]

16. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

- I don't know! I guess so!

My friend and I dined finely at Hotel Pyramisa - I had something Indian in the chicken line - before mozzieing on over to the Nutcracker, a competent and enjoyable performance. Not many foreigners there this year (except Chinese and Japanese) last time I went at Xmas 3 years ago half the audience were western foreigners.
    Boxing Day, I treated myself to a warm fire, warm kitties, good book and 1kg tin of Quality Street and amazingly did not expire in a sugar-induced coma. Yesterday up to Rehab to visit friends. Today, I got my phone line restored after 6 weeks - Happy Christmas me LOL

Tomorrow afternoon, taking over Beanos at Mall Arabia with a bunch of women and kids.

Did have an invite to visit St Catherine's (Mt Sinai) for New Year which would have been wonderful, but too near to my trip to Blighty next week, so I think a couple of us will be partaking of a fateer or two liberally washed down with Diet Sprite.

Enjoy the rest of your breaks people!

17. AshgarMary

AshgarMary New commenter

Sorry you were poorly.

Christmas alone can be very very pleasant - done 16 of them :D (by choice).

Humbugs all round!

18. Metro and Carrefour definitely have turkey, I think, all year.

19. Interesting. Christmas alone at least doesn't present you with the opportunity to get bored with your company and become annoyed with it. Mary, I am a Philistine, as you know; sitting through the Nutcracker would be impossible for me.
    The 1kg of QS is the confectionary version of me chucking down 16/17 pints.
    I doff my cap!

20. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Established commenter

While I'm truly thankful for small murphies (e.g. Aer Linctus didn't break any of the bottles on the flight home from Dublin) am I alone in finding this year's Christmas threads depressingly low-key when the highlight of revelry is a bag of chocs? Where are those mighty wits who used to set the table on a roar? Clovis incommunicado (well, he's been everywhere else). Big Frank sulking over on Opinion, Bbibbler's vaunted comeback merely a blocked shower head. Everybody else being sickeningly polite.
    Où sont les eejits d'antan?