1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Seaside stories

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by lambchopsy, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Hi,
    I'm going to be teaching year 2 (NQT) and our topic is the seaside. Want to incorporate this into literacy (narrative unit, any ideas for good seaside stories please?!

2. Hi,
    I'm going to be teaching year 2 (NQT) and our topic is the seaside. Want to incorporate this into literacy (narrative unit, any ideas for good seaside stories please?!

3. Hi, i'm just moving into year 1 and we do seaside, (although i havn't taught with them before and to be honest havn't read them yet either, yes i know i'm so prepared!!!) Texts on the MTP are...

On the beach (Collins pathways?)
    Monty and the Crab (Storyworld)
    A poem called 'Sand' by John Foster (we have this on powerpoint - not sure if you'll find it on internet)
    Lucy and Tom at the seaside. (Espresso small book I think?)
    Waves
    Meg at sea
    Only Joking said the lobster
    Spot went down, down, down & Gran and the big red crab (Soundstart)
    The fish who could wish
    Fishes evening song by???
    Grandma and me
    Spot and gran to the rescue (soundstart)
    Rainbow fish
    Rob saves dad (soundstart)

Having typed these think lots are from our suplementary reading scheme, and i'm sure many are too easy for yr 2, but i'm sure you could use some, and maybe use internet to search for authers.

Enjoy rest of your hols!

4. The lighthouse keepers lunch.

5. Thank you!