1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

SEASIDE ROLE PLAY AREA

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by sian43, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Hello

I need inspiration from all those early years teachers out there.... my topic for the rest of the summer is the seaside, looking at all aspects, linking in seaside holidays in the past to now etc. I would like my roleplay area to be the seaside, i have some ideas but wondered if anybody has any ideas to share with me or some photos they could send of a seaside role play area they have done beofre

thank you

Sian

2. Hello

I need inspiration from all those early years teachers out there.... my topic for the rest of the summer is the seaside, looking at all aspects, linking in seaside holidays in the past to now etc. I would like my roleplay area to be the seaside, i have some ideas but wondered if anybody has any ideas to share with me or some photos they could send of a seaside role play area they have done beofre

thank you

Sian

3. They are fabulous **********

4. We did a seaside roleplay area last year. We had a blue sheet down for the sea. We put a paddling pool down with the sand in it for the children to build sandcastles etc. We also put 2 tyres down (covered in grey) and the children made rocks out of papier mache to create rock pools. We filled these with blue shredded paper and put plastic creatures in them. On clip boards the children had to write instructions for making a sandcastle, draw and write labels for the things they found in the rock pools and wrote lists of what things they would take to the beach. Hope this helps

5. Have a look on this website - select role play from the menu on the left hand side - there are photos of role play areas including seaside, really good

http://www.cwgsy.net/private/julietm/