1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Searching Resources

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cariad2, Jun 18, 2011.

1. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Does anybody else find it harder to search for Resources on the new-style Resource Bank? Please TES, bring back the option to include keywords when uploading a resource. I'm sure that used to make it easier to find exactly what you were looking for.

2. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Does anybody else find it harder to search for Resources on the new-style Resource Bank? Please TES, bring back the option to include keywords when uploading a resource. I'm sure that used to make it easier to find exactly what you were looking for.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

This used to drive me mad when they first introduced it, but thanks to other posters I've discovered the old style keywords is still there, you just have tohoose that option.
    So for example if I wanted your VCOP quickfire activities I'd input that into the search box. Just tried that & 'no matches'.
    So tried VCOP activities & it comes up with the usual sub-divisons Early Years, Primary 1 & 2 Secondary etc.
    BUT if you look Top Left, just below the glack bar you'll spot it says Subjects & Topics / Keyword matches (5). Now click on Keyword matches, that particular resource is 12th down, with others of your above it.
    Hope that's clear & is of help.

4. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

Thanks very much for that. I've had a play around with Resources, and can finally find what I'm looking for.
    I can't believe I've missed that keywords box every time I've searched for resources lately. It looks so big once you know that box is there! [​IMG]

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Used to make me so frustrated I actually wrote a new thread 'for the attention of TES staff'. Like you I felt really silly when I discovered it was there all the time.
    Apologies for all the typos in previous post, glad you were able to follow.