1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Search issues

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by krisgreg30, Aug 25, 2016.

1. krisgreg30

krisgreg30 Occasional commenter

Has anybody else noticed major issues with the search tool? I can search for my resources by the exact title with searches being ordered in relevance and they still appear right at the end of all the pages, behind resources that have nothing to do with the search term. This is an issue for free resources and paid resources.

2. GoGoTeacherArms

GoGoTeacherArms Occasional commenter

Is that with resources you have recently uploaded? They don't appear where they 'should' in a search immediately and will appear at the end. After 24 hours or so they appear where they 'should' in order of relevance.

krisgreg30 likes this.
  3. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

krisgreg30 likes this.
  4. krisgreg30

Thanks for your replies. Some were new but some aren't so new and still end up at the back. One of those things I guess.

Definitely agree that trying to find own resources on the main page is futile, gave up that idea a long time ago.

5. thinkypublishing

thinkypublishing Occasional commenter

They're pretty active in developing things, therefore if you have suggestions it's worth making them and they've said before that they're interested in trying to improve this.

I don't think it will improve too much until/unless they tidy up the overall catalogue though. There's simply too much to sift through.

6. jemmadaniels

jemmadaniels New commenter Staff Member

Hi TES Authors, we are aware that there is a current issue with new resources sitting at the bottom of search results immediately after upload. The current algorithm sees newly uploaded resources drop to the bottom until 6am the following day. At this point, they then move to their 'correct' position. We will be testing a new search algorithm in the next couple of weeks, with a view to rolling out globally, so you should start to see changes soon.
    Many thanks,
    Jemma - TES Resources

7. krisgreg30

Thanks for the clarification :)