1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Search function

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by mrbrightside842, Oct 22, 2018.

1. mrbrightside842

mrbrightside842 New commenter

hi!

How do I search the forums? I can’t find d a search function?

Thanks!

2. mrbrightside842

Also, my posts are still needing moderated but I’ve been a member for a while. Does this stop after I reach a certain number of posts?

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Look at the toolbar at the top of the page - search forums is there.

upload_2018-10-23_14-22-14.png

4. mrbrightside842

Thanks for the reply! Is this only on a desktop? There isn’t a taskbar on my mobile.

5. marlin

Ah, I'm not sure about mobiles.
    @TES_Rosaline can you help?

mrbrightside842 likes this.
  6. marlin

@mrbrightside842
    I've just had a play on my phone to see if I can see what you need to do. I'm not sure if this is the same for all phones though. I can't take screen shots on my phone so will try to explain as well as I can.

Starting on the Home page for TES Community you'll see a list of the forums. Scroll right down to the bottom of that page - you'll see the forum list, forum statistics, members online now, most popular threads today, most popular threads this month and most popular threads of all time so it is quite a long scroll down.

At the bottom of the page the background changes to dark blue and there are tabs with + signs.

Click on Community + and you'll see the following options:
    Latest Posts
    Education News
    Teaching Overseas
    US Education News

Click Search Forums
    This will take you to the search page which is very similar to the one on desktops (as shown in the snip below) - but the Search in Forums menu looks different. If you don't want to search in All Forums you need to tap in the box and you can select from the list that appears.

upload_2018-10-24_10-29-37.png

Hope this helps. :)

7. mrbrightside842

Thank you! It’s there in community + for me!

marlin likes this.
  8. marlin

Glad you're sorted! :)