1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Search Bangkok

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by vickilew, Jan 11, 2012.

1. vickilew

vickilew New commenter

We heard from our Principal today that all the best candidates were going to the Bangkok fair (which I object to as I'm going to the London one next week!). I believe the Bangkok fair finished today. Did you go? How was it? Were schools appointing?

2. My head said that ISS was disappointing for schools as there were only around 180 candidates. Could have been good for some candidates though! I heard that some schools didn't have enough people to interview so waited for Search to see who was there.

3. Methinks your 'Principal' is either teasing people for a purpose or needs to get out of the office and look at a map of the world, distances, airline prices, etc. Also (s)he might peruse for a few minutes the list of Search and other fairs in places accessible to lesser, poorer or apparently inferior educators!

4. wrldtrvlr123

wrldtrvlr123 Occasional commenter

Actually, that's not the case anymore with search anymore. There was even a place for you to record your pre-registration/pre-sign up interviews. The only caveat was that offers were not supposed to be made before interview sign up (although many were, especially but the bigger schools).
    As for schools contacting you before the fair, we too were concerned by zero contact, but had many schools asking us to interview once we arrived.
    As for job openings, there were a few additions once the fair opened, but also a few that disappeared.